History of TheTeaParty.net
TheTeaParty.net, whose tax-‐exemption under IRC 501(c)(4) as Stop This Insanity, Inc. is pending-‐ was created in 2009 at the height of the Tea Party uprising, for the education and advancement of the constitutional conservative values of the Tea Party Movement. This organization was created to help give the power of government back to the people.
TheTeaParty.net is the largest national tea party organization with well over 3 million members and a huge national social media presence.
We believe our government has grown out-‐of-‐control in a death spiral of unsustainable and barely imaginable trillion-‐dollar deficits and a national debt rivaling Gross Domestic Product. This government has ignored the Constitution that defines us; invaded the liberty from which our nation was born; and daily drains away the individuality and entrepreneurial spirit of Americans in order to advance a radical, socialist policy built on the back of American taxpayers. We decided to stand up and do something about it.
The Mission of TheTeaParty.net
First, let us explain what the Tea Party Movement actually is. There is no single national “TEA PARTY” organization, so do not let anyone tell you otherwise. This is a truly grassroots movement embracing many issues and many names: TEA, Patriot, Liberty, Conservative.
There are several thousand, completely independent groups across the Nation fighting in their own way to restore our America before it is too late.
Like many of you, we decided to stand up so our children inherit as great a nation as we did, not a socialist paradise crippled by debt. Like many of you, we looked at what we could do, and do well, to make a difference. With so many already in the fight across the nation, we decided to find ways to connect individuals and organizations, to share the message, and, above all, to bring more Americans into this movement. That is what TheTeaParty.net is about: bringing our shared message to as many Americans as possible, giving them the tools to get involved, and connecting them to others locally to make a difference.
Our mission is to recruit millions of like-‐minded Americans to the Tea Party Movement in order to advance the principles of limited government, fiscal restraint, and individual liberty at all levels of government through promotion and education.
The Tea Party Movement is a grassroots movement of millions of like-‐minded Americans from all backgrounds. Tea Party members share similar core principles supporting the United States Constitution as the Founders intended, such as:
- Limited Federal Government
- Individual freedoms
- Personal responsibility
- Free markets
- Returning political power to the states and the people
As a movement, the Tea Party is not a political party nor is it looking to form a third political party any time soon. The Tea Party Movement is, instead, about reforming all political parties and government so that the core principles of our Founding Fathers become, once again, the foundation upon which America stands.
What TheTeaParty.net Donations Are Used For
Donations are used to advance the Tea Party Movement in the following ways:
- Recruit millions of new members through outreach on traditional and new media. We help recruit over a 1000 new patriots every day to become active in the Tea Party Movement and currently have over 3 million loyal members.
- Provide free tools and resources to Tea Party organizers and organizations through our website www.theteaparty.net, such as free Tea Party websites, Tea Party event information, how to start your own Tea Party group, calendar of events and much more.
- Provide daily educational and relevant news updates to keep members interested and engaged.
- Affect government by having members make personal contact with government officials on key policy items. TheTeaParty.net has a 5 man Washington D.C. lobby team led by our founder Todd Cefaratti and our registered lobbyist Alex Shively who represents “We The People” and present our important issues to the prominent decision makers on Capitol Hill.
- Our D.C.-‐based Advocacy team has resurrected the tea party caucus in the House and launched a new tea party caucus event in the Senate as well. We are currently working with the tea party caucus leader Michele Bachmann in the House and Senators Rand Paul, Mike Lee and Mitch McConnell in the Senate. These caucus events will be once a quarter in the House and Senate and TheTeaParty.net team is in charge of running and coordinating these events. We have had huge success with overflowing attendance at the first two events. We will be communicating monthly with our millions of followers through our huge social media presence of 10 million to 20 million on who attends these caucus events and who does not, so the grassroots will know who supports the movement and who does not.
- Sponsor and host live Tea Party events and rallies throughout the year. In the past, we rode a tour bus across the country from Las Vegas to Washington D.C. to promote the Tea Party movement. The last event we did was the Day of Resistance Rallies where thousands showed up across the country to stand up for our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. TheTeaParty.net is a major sponsor of the CPAC convention every year in Washington D.C. for the past 4 years. This sponsorship enables us to connect the Tea Party Movement with our conservative legislators in
- Washington. We also either sponsored or co-sponsored 3 Republican presidential debates in 2012. One was on Twitter and the other 2 were on CNN. We plan to sponsor presidential debates each election from now on.
- We have partnered with the national news organization “Tea Party News Network” and it is already one of the most viewed conservative news sites in the country www.TPNN.com. TPNN also just partnered with the Washington Times to help run their tea party division. TPNN just launched the national radio show “The Capitol Hill Show with Tim Constantine” www.tpnn.com/radio/ which is a daily 3 hour talk show broadcast in Washington on WTNT 730 AM and also nationally to our social media audience of up to 20 million households. TPNN also have a national television presence via our video interviews with top conservatives and lawmakers in Washington. Scottie Nell Hughes is our TV News director and also appears weekly on various shows on Fox News (Hannity, Fox and Friends, Cavuto and more) as well as CNN, CBS and more. www.tpnn.com/video/
- Connect issues that are important to our members and the movement in general to the legislators and decision makers in Washington D.C. We have a full-‐time Washington D.C. representative and 5-‐man Washington DC Advocacy team including former 6-‐term Congressman JD Hayworth, registered lobbyist Alex Shively (former chief of staff to Congressman Tom Price), and Chief Strategist Niger Innis who is also one of the leaders of “CORE” – the Congress Of Racial Equality. Their job is to lobby for freedom every day on Capitol Hill for “We The People”.
- We have contributed to or sponsored other Tea Party, conservative and charitable non-‐profit organizations and events, including:
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Contract From America
- Patriot Action NetworkAmerican
- Conservative Union
- Conservative Political Action Conference
- Town Hall meetings on national radio. Previous guests include:
- Speaker Newt Gingrich
- RNC Chairman Reince Priebus
- Rep. Michele Bachmann
- Herman Cain
- Rep. Allen West
- Rep. Paul Ryan
- Rep. Steve King
- Phyllis Schlafly
- Senator Mike Lee
- Rep. Paul Broun
- Senator Rand Paul
- And many many more…
- Herman Cane
- Rep. Michele Bachmann
- Speaker Newt Gingrich
- Senator Rick Santorum
- Rep. Thaddeus McCotter
- Governor Gary Johnson
- Groundbreaking Presidential Twitter Debate with:
- Direct-to-Congress online Petition platform: This allows our members the free opportunity to contact their elected officials quickly and easily. Our members have signed over 5 million individual petitions to Congress on critical issues.
- Provide a talented and professional staff to advance the organization and Tea Party movement. We have one of the largest social media presences of any conservative organization in the country with our Facebook followers of just under 2 million and a Facebook audience of 10 million to 20 million on weekly basis. Our opt in email lists total over 1 million and are very active on a daily basis.