History of TheTeaParty.net
TheTeaParty.net is a division of Stop This Insanity, Inc. and is a national non-profit 501 (c)(4) organization created in 2009 for the education and advancement of the constitutional conservative values of the Tea Party Movement. This organization was created to help give the power of government back to the people.
We believe, like many of you, that our government has grown out-of-control in a death spiral of unsustainable and barely imaginable trillion-dollar deficits and a national debt rivaling Gross Domestic Product. This government has ignored the Constitution that defines us; invaded the liberty from which our nation was born; and daily drains away the individuality and entrepreneurial spirit of Americans in order to advance a radical, socialist policy built on the back of American taxpayers. We, like many of you, decided to stand up and do something about it.
The Mission of TheTeaParty.net
First, let us explain what the Tea Party Movement actually is. There is no single national “TEA PARTY” organization, so do not let anyone tell you otherwise. This is a truly grassroots movement embracing many issues and many names: TEA, Patriot, Liberty, Conservative. There are several thousand, completely independent groups across the Nation fighting in their own way to restore our America before it is too late.
Like many of you, we decided to stand up so our children inherit as great a nation as we did, not a socialist paradise crippled by debt. Like many of you, we looked at what we could do, and do well, to make a difference. With so many already in the fight across the nation, we decided to find ways to connect individuals and organizations, to share the message, and, above all, to bring more Americans into this movement. That is what TheTeaParty.net is about: bringing our shared message to as many Americans as possible, giving them the tools to get involved, and connecting them to others locally to make a difference.
Our mission is to recruit like-minded Americans to the Tea Party Movement in order to advance the principles of limited government, fiscal restraint, and individual liberty at all levels of government through promotion and education.
The Tea Party Movement is a grassroots movement of millions of like-minded Americans from all backgrounds and political parties. Tea Party members share similar core principles supporting the United States Constitution as the Founders intended, such as:
- Limited federal government
- Individual freedoms
- Personal responsibility
- Free markets
- Returning political power to the states and the people
As a movement, the Tea Party is not a political party nor is it looking to form a third political party any time soon. The Tea Party Movement is, instead, about reforming all political parties and government so that the core principles of our Founding Fathers become, once again, the foundation upon which America stands.
What TheTeaParty.net Donations Are Used For
Donations are used to advance the Tea Party Movement in the following ways:
- Recruit new members through outreach on traditional and new media. We help recruit over a 1000 new patriots every day to become active in the Tea Party Movement and currently have over 3 million loyal members.
- Provide free tools and resources to Tea Party organizers and organizations through our website www.theteaparty.net, such as free Tea Party websites, Tea Party event information, how to start your own Tea Party group, calendar of events and much more.
- . Provide educational and relevant news daily to keep members interested and engaged. We send out free news information, Tea Party events, and Tea Party group information.
- Affect government by having members make personal contact with government officials on key policy items. TheTeaParty.net has a Washington D.C. representative who represents “We The People” and presents our important issues to the prominent decision makers on Capitol Hill.
- Sponsor and host live Tea Party events and rallies throughout the year. In the past, we rode a cross-country bus tour from Las Vegas to Washington D.C. to promote the Tea Party movement. The last event we did was the Day of Resistance Rallies where thousands showed up across the country to stand up for our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. TheTeaParty.net is a major sponsor of the CPAC convention every year in Washington D.C. This sponsorship enables us to connect the Tea Party Movement with our conservative legislators in Washington.
- We have started the national news organization Tea Party News Network and are already one of the most viewed conservative news sites in the country.
- We are currently still active with the Rusty Humphries Radio Show. We have a daily segment called “The Tea Party Update” where we broadcast that day’s or week’s important Tea Party-related information. Rusty’s show is in the top 10 in the U.S.A. on radio and appears in over 300 cities nationwide. It is also on the air nationally on XM satellite radio.
- Connect issues that are important to our members and the movement in general to the legislators and decision makers in Washington D.C. We have a full-time Washington D.C. representative with the connections and relationships there to do just that. We have a new 5 man Washington DC Advocacy team including former 6 term Congressman JD Hayworth, registered lobbyist Bob Adams, and Chief Strategist Niger Innis. Their job is to lobby for freedom every day on Capitol Hill for “We The People”.
- We have contributed or sponsored other Tea Party, conservative and charitable non-profit organizations and events, including:
- Campaign to Defeat Obama
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Contract From America Org
- Patriot Action Network
- ACU and CPAC
- Provide a talented and professional staff to advance the organization and Tea Party movement:
- Town Hall meetings on national radio with top 10 conservative talk show host Rusty Humphries. Previous guests have been:
- Newt Gingrich
- Reince Priebus
- Michele Bachmann
- Herman Cain
- Allen West
- Rep. Paul Ryan
- Rep. Steve King
- Phyllis Schlafly
- Senator Mike Lee
- Rep. Paul Broun
- And many many more…
- Groundbreaking Presidential Twitter Debate with the following candidates:
- Herman Cain
- Michele Bachmann
- Newt Gingrich
- Rick Santorum
- Thaddeus McCotter
- Gary Johnson
- Rally Congress – Petition Software: This allows our members the free opportunity to contact their elected officials quickly and easily.