History of TheTeaParty.net
TheTeaParty.net is a division of Stop This Insanity, Inc. and is a national non-profit 501 (c)(4) organization created in 2009 for the education and advancement of the constitutional conservative values of the Tea Party Movement. This organization was created to help give the power of government back to the people.
We believe, like many of you, that our government has grown out-of-control in a death spiral of unsustainable and barely imaginable trillion-dollar deficits and a national debt rivaling Gross Domestic Product. This government has ignored the Constitution that defines us; invaded the liberty from which our nation was born; and daily drains away the individuality and entrepreneurial spirit of Americans in order to advance a radical, socialist policy built on the back of American taxpayers. We, like many of you, decided to stand up and do something about it.
The Mission of TheTeaParty.net
First, let us explain what the Tea Party Movement actually is. There is no single national “TEA PARTY” organization, so do not let anyone tell you otherwise. This is a truly grassroots movement embracing many issues and many names: TEA, Patriot, Liberty, Conservative. There are several thousand, completely independent groups across the Nation fighting in their own way to restore our America before it is too late.
Like many of you, we decided to stand up so our children inherit as great a nation as we did, not a socialist paradise crippled by debt. Like many of you, we looked at what we could do, and do well, to make a difference. With so many already in the fight across the nation, we decided to find ways to connect individuals and organizations, to share the message, and, above all, to bring more Americans into this movement. That is what TheTeaParty.net is about: bringing our shared message to as many Americans as possible, giving them the tools to get involved, and connecting them to others locally to make a difference.
Our mission is to recruit like-minded Americans to the Tea Party Movement in order to advance the principles of limited government, fiscal restraint, and individual liberty at all levels of government through promotion and education.
The Tea Party Movement is a grassroots movement of millions of like-minded Americans from all backgrounds and political parties. Tea Party members share similar core principles supporting the United States Constitution as the Founders intended, such as:
- Limited federal government
- Individual freedoms
- Personal responsibility
- Free markets
- Returning political power to the states and the people
As a movement, the Tea Party is not a political party nor is it looking to form a third political party any time soon. The Tea Party Movement is, instead, about reforming all political parties and government so that the core principles of our Founding Fathers become, once again, the foundation upon which America stands.
What TheTeaParty.net Donations Are Used For
The average donation to this non-profit organization is $43. We take special care to use our patriot donations to grow the movement and advance the principles of limited government, free markets and personal responsibility. We treat every dollar with special care to help restore our Constitution and save America.
Donations are used to advance the Tea Party Movement in the following ways:
- Recruit new members through outreach on traditional and new media. We help recruit over a 5000 new patriots every day to become active in the Tea Party Movement and currently have over 3 million loyal members.
- We have created one of the largest social media engaged audiences in the world on Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media. Just on Facebook alone our weekly audience ranges from 20 million to 40 million people. [See for yourself] Wow! And the liberals think the Tea Party Movement is ‘dead’… think again!!
- Provide free tools and resources to Tea Party organizers and organizations through our website www.theteaparty.net, such as free Tea Party websites, Tea Party event information, how to start your own Tea Party group, calendar of events and much more.
- Provide educational and relevant news daily to keep members interested and engaged from TheTeaParty.net and Tea Party News Network. We send out free news information, Tea Party events, and Tea Party group information.
- Co-organize and operate the Tea Party Express bus tour that travels around the nation from city to city holding live events for thousands of patriots to help get conservatives elected each election cycle.
- Affect government by having members make personal contact with government officials on key policy items. TheTeaParty.net has a Washington D.C. representative who represents “We The People” and presents our important issues to the prominent decision makers on Capitol Hill. We have a Capitol Hill lobbyist who is there representing “We The People” and is lobbying for limited government, free markets and personal responsibility.
- Sponsor and host live Tea Party events and rallies throughout the year. In the past, we have done events such as the Day of Resistance Rally where thousands showed up across the country to stand up for our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. TheTeaParty.net is a major sponsor of the CPAC convention every year in Washington D.C. and a unity rally before the Presidential elections. This sponsorship enables us to connect the Tea Party Movement with our conservative legislators in Washington.
- We have helped to launch and sponsor the national news organization Tea Party News Network and are already one of the most viewed conservative news sites in the country with over 8 million visitors per month.
- We sponsor the Tea Party News Network Capitol Hill Show with Tim Constantine in Washington D.C. The show is broadcast live Monday through Friday from 3 pm to 6 pm EST on WILC 900 AM Washington D.C. and nationally through our huge multi-million social media network of followers.
- On the Tea Party News Network Capitol Hill Show with Tim Constantine, we have a monthly Tea Party Town hall meeting with a top conservative for one hour taking questions from our members and being broadcast nationally to millions of people. Upcoming confirmed guests include Senators Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.
- Connect issues that are important to our members and the movement in general to the legislators and decision makers in Washington D.C. We have a full-time Washington D.C. representative with the connections and relationships there to do just that. We have a new multi-man Washington DC Advocacy team . Their job is to lobby for freedom every day on Capitol Hill for “We The People”.
- We have contributed or sponsored other Tea Party, conservative and charitable non-profit organizations and events, including:
- Campaign to Defeat Obama
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Contract From America Org
- Patriot Action Network
- ACU and CPAC
- Tea Party Express National Bus Tours
- Many others
- We have organized and are now responsible for running the Tea Party Caucus meetings for the House and Senate on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C.. We co-chair these quarterly meetings in both the House and Senate with the Tea Party Caucus chairman in both the House and Senate. Currently the House Tea Party Caucus chairperson is Michele Bachmann and the Senate Tea Party Caucus chairmen are Senators Rand Paul and Mike Lee. Most of the major Tea Party organizations in the country such as Freedomworks, Tea Party Express, 60 Plus, Americans For Prosperity, Americans for Tax Reform and many more attend these caucus meetings that we co-chair with the Senate and House. The purpose of these meetings is a round table discussion where grassroots Tea Party organizations communicate the voices of “We The People” on policies that pertain to limited government, free markets and personal responsibility. This is where this organization is actually working with the true conservative members of Congress to help draft and advance legislation.
- We value your opinion and suggestions. We helped conservatives take back the House in record fashion in 2010 and again in 2012. We have so much more work to do like taking back the Senate in 2014 and the White House in 2016. If you can help please click below… and thank you!